안녕하세요. 오늘은 DSM 6.2-23739 업데이트에 대해서 안내를 드립니다.
실은 DSM 6.1.7과 동일한 시기에 6.2로 업데이트 되었지만 수동 업데이트를 진행되어야해서 모르시는 분들도 많습니다.
다만 주의 하실점은 Xpenology Jun’s loader 1.02b 사용하시는분은 업데이트를 자제 하시기 바랍니다.
Xpenology 포럼에서도 업데이트 금지하고 있습니다.
만약 업데이트를 진행하시다면…머리 좀 아프실겁니다..
아래는 포럼에 뜬 공지입니다.
This is a MAJOR update of DSM.
DO NOT UPDATE TO DSM 6.2 with Jun’s loader 1.02b or earlier. Your box will be bricked.
You have been warned.
만약 이글을 보지 못하고 벽돌이 되었다면….
Xpenology 문제시 데이터 복구 (killed) 포스트를 참고하여 복구 가능합니다.
Xpenology 6.2에 대해서는 현재 Jun’s Loader 제작이신 Jun’s 님이 진행중이라고 합니다.
ds916p가 아닌 ds918p 버전은 1.03a Test 버전은 공개된 상태입니다.
실사용은 쫌더 있다 해보시기를 바랍니다.
1.03a 공개된 버전에 관해서는 오늘 저녁에 포스트를 작성하도록 하겠습니다.
DS3617xs Release Notes
- The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few weeks, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
Compatibility and Installation
- DSM 6.2 can only be installed on Synology products running DSM 6.0 and above.
- Starting from DSM 6.2, the core replication function is centrally managed by a new package, Replication Service. Packages with replication feature, such as Snapshot Replication, must install the Replication Service package.
- For the following models, DSM 6.2 will be the last upgradable version. DSM 6.2 will continue to receive critical and security updates for a minimum of 2 years after the official release.
- XS Series : RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, DS3612xs, DS3611xs
- Plus Series : RS2212+, RS2212RP+, RS2211+, RS2211RP+, RS812+, RS812RP+, DS2411+, DS1812+, DS1512+, DS1511+, DS712+, DS412+, DS411+II, DS411+, DS213+, DS212+, DS211+, DS112+
- Value Series : RS812, RS212, DS413, DS411, DS213, DS212, DS211, DS112, DS111
- J Series : DS413j, DS411j, DS411slim, DS213air, DS212j, DS211j, DS112j
- Others : DDSM
What’s New in DSM 6.2
- For easier management, Key Manager can now be stored locally on Synology NAS. Encrypted shared folders can be auto-mounted without the need of a USB drive. (To achieve better data protection, users are suggested to store Key Manager on an external USB drive.)
- Standard users can now right-click on shared folders in File Station to view Properties.
- Added support for IBM WebSphere SSO.
- Enhanced password strength policy for better account security.
- Added support for a new SMS provider SendinBlue and Clickatell API (RESTful).
- Added support for Thai language.
- Updated Privacy Statement and related settings in the installation flow.
- Brand new iSCSI Manager built for IT administrators, providing a new management user interface for an optimized iSCSI management and monitoring experience.
- Advanced LUN provides lightning-fast LUN snapshot creation and recovery, and LUN cloning within seconds, as well as VAAI/ODX, storage acceleration commands, and support for better VM performance. Since Advanced LUNs can utilize file system cache to provide better efficiency, block-level LUNs will no longer be supported on DSM 6.2 and onward. DSM 6.2 will still be compatible with the block-level LUNs upgraded from DSM 6.1 and prior.
- Supports cross-volume LUN clones.
- Added support for network binding settings to allow each iSCSI target to map to a network interface.
- Users can now disable storage reclamation for thin-provisioned LUNs to enhance I/O performance.
- The brand new Overview shows the health status of all storage components on your NAS, displaying a clearer and better look on the system overview.
- Introduced Storage Pool, a new storage component, to replace the original Disk Group and RAID Group, and rearrange storage-related functions to provide users with a more consistent and smoother experience.
- Smart Data Scrubbing detects the supported file system and RAID type to perform data scrubbing automatically while enhancing data scrubbing usability. A new built-in scheduler allows users to do data scrubbing periodically with just a few clicks, improving data integrity and consistency.
- RAID resync speed can now be adjusted to accommodate IT management needs.
- Users can remotely deactivate drives via Storage Manager for better management.
- Added a default monthly S.M.A.R.T. test on both new and existing drives that were not previously configured.
- After each DSM upgrade, DSM will remind users if a bad sector or lifespan alert is not set up.
- The health status of disks is now uniform with storage pools and volumes.
- Log Center now includes disk logs.
- Provided an option to change stripe cache size when the RAID type of Storage pool is RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID F1, or SHR (three disks or above).
High Availability Manager 2.0
- High Availability Manager has been modularized into a package to ensure better system maintenance and offers greater update flexibility.
- New mechanism can now eliminate unnecessary system reboot during major update to keep your cluster secure and maintain high service availability.
- SHA 2.0 can handle situations more effectively especially when the servers are in a vulnerable state.
- A simpler yet more intuitive user interface, offering you a comprehensive cluster overview and management.
- The new interface design provides more detailed and visual information as well as easy-to-follow solutions.
- Brand new user interface is introduced to display more details of both active server and passive server, giving you an in-depth system utilization overview.
- When first creating SHA cluster, user new to SHA can choose to only replicate system configuration to shorten setup time.
Extended Btrfs File System Coverage
- Btrfs file system is now available on more Synology NAS models utilizing ARM platforms. Enjoy the powerful features of the next-generation file system.
- Applied Models:
- 18-series: DS218, DS418 and more x18 series to come.
Azure AD support
- Added the capability to join existing Azure AD as an SSO client. Utilizing the single sign-on feature, daily productivity is increased by saving time spent on re-authentication.
- User login details and abnormal geolocation information are dissected using intelligent analysis techniques and reported via DSM notifications.
- Daily and monthly reports provide more comprehensive information, allowing IT administrator to review abnormal activity and security scan regularly.
TLS/SSL Profile Level
- An advanced way to configure your security level profile based on different services to meet different security level requirements, providing flexibility to suit your network security requirements.
- Synology NAS administrators must set up an email notification when 2-step authentication is enabled.
- Flexibly assign specified domain groups with admin privileges.
- Added ECDSA certificate support for FTPS connections.
- Added NFS v4.1 multipathing for load balancing and network redundancy to fully support VMware vSphere® 6.5.
- Applied models:
- 18-series : DS3018xs, DS418play, DS918+, DS418j, DS418, DS718+, DS218+
- 17-series : FS3017, FS2017, RS4017xs+, RS3617xs, RS3617RPxs, DS3617xs, RS3617xs+, RS18017xs+, DS1817+, DS1817, DS1517+, DS1517, RS217
- 16-series : RS2416RP+, RS2416+, RS18016xs+, DS416play, RS816, DS916+, DS416slim, DS416j, DS416, DS216play, DS716+II, DS716+, DS216j, DS216+II, DS216+, DS216, DS116
- The brand new user interface design brings a more intuitive experience and allows users to quickly find everything they need.
- Added Seagate IronWolf Health Management (IHM) support on DS118, DS218play, DS418j and DS418.
Known Issues & Limitations
- DSM 6.2 is the last DSM version supporting IPv6 Tunneling in Network Interface.
- The Fedora utility will not be supported after DSM 6.2.
- Starting from DSM 6.2, the USB device drivers, including printers, cloud printers, DAC/speakers, Wi-Fi dongles, DTV dongles, LTE dongles, and Bluetooth dongles will no longer be updated.
- Wi-Fi dongle does not support Parental Control and Device List if set as Bridge Mode.
- Starting from DSM 6.2 Beta, Virtual Machine Manager will no longer support creating clusters with older DSM versions. Please update each host in the cluster to the same DSM version or above versions for the Virtual Machine Manager cluster to operate properly.
- SSH authentication by DSA public key is prohibited for security concerns.
- When logging in through VPN or Proxy server, some functionalities may have authentication issues. To fix this issue, please go to Control Panel > Security, and click the Trusted Proxies button to add the trusted proxy server to the list.
- The original RAID scrubbing scheduled tasks will be migrated to Smart Data Scrubbing scheduled tasks. If the upgrade is performed while running scheduled tasks, the Data Scrubbing process will automatically be re-executed shortly after the upgrade is completed.
- Office 2.x and below are not compatible with DSM 6.2.